Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gir Hat Pattern: Getting Started

The Original Gir Hat
This is the original hat that I created for my sister's birthday about a year ago.  Unfortunately I didn't write down the pattern as this was one of my first crochet projects.  Since then I have gotten numerous requests for the design specs of the Gir hat and I have been forced to explain that I honestly have no idea how I made the thing.  SO.... I have decided to make a second Gir hat,  and this time I will create a pattern to go along with it.


Gir Hat Take Two (aka. STOP!!! PATTERN TIME!!!!)

To get started You will Need:

Hook Size I (Used for: hat base, earflap, boarder, and eyeball)
Hook Size H (Used for: pupil, nose, ear, and tongue)
Need with Large eye for sewing in ends
Green, White, Black and Red yarn (used Red Heart SuperSaver)
Stuffing for eyes

Abbreviations:
sc=single crochet
dc=double crochet
sl st= slip stitch
sts= stitches (used for round totals)
sc decrease= insert hook through first stitch, draw yarn through, then insert hook through next stitch and draw yarn through, yarn over draw yarn through all 3 loops.
dc decrease= yarn over, insert hook through first stitch, draw yarn through, then insert hook through next stitch and draw yarn through (you should have 3 loops on hook); yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops, yarn over draw yarn through final 3 loops.
for help with magic ring watch how to on youtube

Next up: Hat Base

No comments:

Post a Comment